She has even started saying a few "words" which is so hard to believe we are close to talking!! The one for sure we know she has said is "bye bye" because she is waving her hand along with it. She is also a big fan of puppies and will say "ruff ruff" when she sees a dog. She can say "dada" however, it hasn't been in actual reference to Luke, and the only time she has said "mama" has been when she's screaming and it just comes out as a sound, so that doesn't count in my book!! Lol!
She got her first experience in a lake over the 4th of July with Luke's family, and she loved it! We will be heading on my family's vacation this week and I'm excited to get her back in the water!
What else? She will clap for herself if you say "Good Job Leah!" Starting to give "high-fives". She knows how to turn off light switches and her touch night light. She loves looking at books, and will get mad at you after putting the book back on the shelf before bedtime. Speaking of the nighttime - she is STILL waking up at least once overnight and will stand up in her crib and scream until I just give in and give her a bottle. Need to break this habit, just not sure how. Then she sleeps until about 6:30-7:30.
She's a busy girl, keeping us on our toes! We really do love this stage though and watching her personality shine through. Onto the next month...
Poor girl probably hates grocery shopping with me.
What a good influence.... ;)
The "Leah Smile"
First time getting toes painted and they even matched mine!













Stryker woke up every night for his first year of life. I think all the kids did. And then they just grew out of it. I think it helped when they weaned at a year, so I knew that I had nothing to give them and would not give them anything to drink. I was breastfeeding, but this works when you stop the bottle, too. They just get used to not having that during the day, and it extends into the night as well, I think. Of course, every baby is different, so who knows?
ReplyDelete