Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Paige Hannah Thun

 Paige's Birth Story


June 16 - False Labor! Woke up with contractions that were different from the Braxton Hicks I had been having. I told Luke I was in labor and that he wouldn't be going to work that day. A few hours of having irregular contractions (but very real contractions), things came to a halt. We figured it would still be happening that weekend...nope! What a strange experience. 


June 28 - Doctor Appt. I was 3 cm and got my membranes stripped. I had cramping throughout the day/night. The next evening (Thursday July 29) I was having some contractions again. I went to bed but was awake by 1:30 with contractions that were not coming regularly. I hung out downstairs for a few hours, but then tried to go lay back down around 5AM. Around 9AM we went for a walk outside, and almost instantly things got closer together. I called my mom and the nurse line letting them know we were coming. When the nurse checked me I was about 6-6.5. Even while we were there, contractions were not too bad. I did still decide I wanted the epidural though. Then my doctor checked me before and said that if I would just do it without the epidural I could have a baby within a few minutes. So then I changed my mind and decided to just do it the hard way! She broke my water very easily, and things picked up quickly. After a couple position changes, I was pushing and it only took 3 contractions for little GIRL to be with us. 1:19 PM Paige Hannah was born. She wasn't crying when she came out or making any sound, so they took her to their examining table, but even after the NICU nurse looked at her, they said she was perfectly fine. She was 7 lb 9 oz, 20 inches long. 


11:30 - still pretty comfortable




My mom took this picture of Leah after she heard the news. 



The birthday girls! 






Family of Five first selfie













1 comment: